Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
I’m a bit drained after my chemo session yesterday–tired and a little queasy, but generally handling it better than my first round. It’s going to be a be fairly low-key holiday for us, with simple fare to accommodate my sensitive stomach. Just Matthew, Baku, and me at home.
But Thanksgiving is not about the food or even the celebrating; it’s about counting one’s blessings and being thankful for all the myriad things one has to be thankful for. And I do indeed have much to be thankful for:
- First and foremost, I am thankful for Matthew who has been my rock through all this. I wouldn’t be able to cope at all without him at my side, propping me up and caring for me when I just have to slump over for a bit.
- I’m thankful for all my beloved family and dear friends who let me know every day they’re thinking of me about sending me their hope and support and love.
- And I’m thankful for my team of doctors and medical personnel at Emory who are taking such good care of me. This is a frightening journey I’ve embarked on, but they’ve done much to assuage my fears, answer my questions, and tender compassionate, expert care.
- I’m also thankful for my readers and fans who cheer me on with their kind words and reassurance that they really do enjoy reading my work.
- I’m thankful as well for supportive colleagues who rally me on, lending me their strength and experience and patience when mine flags.
- And last but hardly least, I’m so very thankful for the gracious kindness and generosity of strangers.
Thank you, each and every one of you. You mean the world to me.
Wish you well; you’re in my thoughts.
I read the blog post. It’s very sweet. Have a good holiday. Like Steve above, I wish you well.
I hope you have as good a day as possible – our best wishes.
Happy Thanksgiving! You need a turkey hat 🙂
Happy thanksgiving to you and yours! Wishing you the best!
Happy Thanksgiving….. Xoxoxo
Hope you have a wonderful and calm and restful day with the ones you love! Happy Thanksgiving, Eugie.
Happy Thanksgiving Eugie! XOXOXO
Happy day, Velvet!
Best wishes for good holidays and a speedy recovery.