Apparently Hobkin was tuckered out from his earlier berserker activities last night. He snarfed down his dinner and then climbed up on the couch, looking for me. So, of course, being the sucker I am, I left the work I was doing on the computer, went to the couch and sat down beside him, whereupon he flopped asleep and pinning me there for the remainder of the evening. There was much napping.
Hobkin did, considerately enough, hop down a couple times to stretch and use the bathroom, giving me the opportunity to brush my teeth and get ready for bed, before demanding I return to the couch so I could be his pillow.
Yup, I am naught but a skunk pillow. And I am covered in skunk fur. Apparently the heat has brought on a bout of shedding. It’s not that bad, not nearly as bad as, oh say a black, long-haired Spainycat’s fur dispersal, but it’s still indisputably shedding time. Hobkin is looking rather scruffy from the mismatched fur lengths, so during our brief waking episodes, I decided to give him a brushing.
Hobkin does not like being brushed. We came to a “no bite!”/”no brush!” peace agreement eventually, but it was a painfully won truce. Ow. And he still looks scruffy.
– Wrote a review of the Sci-Fiction story “Family Bed” by Kit Reed for Tangent and sent it off to my editor.
– Mailed off naamah99‘s signed Ascendancy of Blood chapbook.
– Sent my story inspired by Suzanne Vega’s “The Queen and the Soldier” to its first market. Good luck little story!
– Received a copy of C. Dennis Moore’s review of Ascendancy of Blood. It’s right glowing. Hurray! Not sure when I’m allowed to post blurbage from that, but will do so as soon as I can.
– Received an email from Nathan, my Scrybe Press editor with a bit of news and a sneak peek at some cover art. I really like how much communication there is between us.
– Worked on the rewrite of my current Critters story. There’s been much carnage in the rewrite. But I think the operation just might be a success. Well, as much of a success a story I haven’t sold can be. I’ve now received twenty crits on it (including yours, britzkrieg!) which is a good number for me to run stats on without feeling overwhelmed. Got a wave of positive crits towards the end which restored some of my faith in it. Going to do a couple more passes to incorporate this latest set of comments, then send it off tomorrow. That’s the plan, at least.