Now that it has been officially announced, I can elucidate upon the reason behind Wednesday’s squeeage (yeah, yeah, I know most of you figured it out already ). My novelette “Sinner, Baker, Fabulist, Priest; Red Mask, Black Mask, Gentleman, Beast” made the Nebula ballot!
I am beyond overjoyed, beyond ecstatic; I’m just beyond. *SQUEE!!*
Herein all the nominees:
* “Hooves and the Hovel of Abdel Jameela,” Saladin Ahmed (Clockwork Phoenix 2, Norilana Press, Jul09)
* “I Remember the Future,” Michael A. Burstein (I Remember the Future, Apex Press, Nov08)
* “Non-Zero Probabilities,” N. K. Jemisin (Clarkesworld, Nov09)
* “Spar,” Kij Johnson (Clarkesworld, Oct09)
* “Going Deep,” James Patrick Kelly (Asimov’s Science Fiction, Jun09)
* “Bridesicle,” Will McIntosh (Asimov’s Science Fiction, Jan09)
* “The Gambler,” Paolo Bacigalupi (Fast Forward 2, Pyr Books, Oct08)
* “Vinegar Peace, or the Wrong-Way Used-Adult Orphanage,” Michael Bishop (Asimov’s Science Fiction, Jul08)
* “I Needs Must Part, The Policeman Said,” Richard Bowes (The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction, Dec09)
* “Sinner, Baker, Fabulist, Priest; Red Mask, Black Mask, Gentleman, Beast,” Eugie Foster (Interzone, Feb09)
* “Divining Light,” Ted Kosmatka (Asimov’s Science Fiction, Aug08)
* “A Memory of Wind,” Rachel Swirsky (Tor.com, Nov09)
* The Women of Nell Gwynne’s, Kage Baker (Subterranean Press, Jun09)
* “Arkfall,” Carolyn Ives Gilman (The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction, Sep09)
* “Act One,” Nancy Kress (Asimov’s Science Fiction, Mar09)
* Shambling Towards Hiroshima, James Morrow (Tachyon, Feb09)
* “Sublimation Angels,” Jason Sanford (Interzone, Oct09)
* The God Engines, John Scalzi (Subterranean Press, Dec09)
* The Windup Girl, Paolo Bacigalupi (Nightshade, Sep09)
* The Love We Share Without Knowing, Christopher Barzak (Bantam, Nov08)
* Flesh and Fire, Laura Anne Gilman (Pocket, Oct09)
* The City & The City, China Miéville (Del Rey, May09)
* Boneshaker, Cherie Priest (Tor, Sep09)
* Finch, Jeff VanderMeer (Underland Press, Oct09)
* Star Trek, JJ Abrams (Paramount, May09)
* District 9, Neill Blomkamp and Terri Tatchell (Tri-Star, Aug09)
* Avatar, James Cameron (Fox, Dec 09)
* Moon, Duncan Jones and Nathan Parker (Sony, Jun09)
* Up, Bob Peterson and Pete Docter (Disney/Pixar, May09)
* Coraline, Henry Selick (Laika/Focus Feb09)
Andre Norton Award for Young Adult Science Fiction and Fantasy
* Hotel Under the Sand, Kage Baker (Tachyon, Jul09)
* Ice, Sarah Beth Durst (Simon and Schuster, Oct09)
* Ash, Malinda Lo (Little, Brown and Company, Sep09)
* Eyes Like Stars, Lisa Mantchev (Feiwel and Friends, Jul09)
* Zoe’s Tale, John Scalzi (Tor Aug08)
* When You Reach Me, Rebecca Stead (Wendy Lamb Books, 2009)
* The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland In A Ship Of Her Own Making, Catherynne M. Valente (Catherynne M. Valente, Jun09)
* Leviathan, Scott Westerfeld (Simon, Oct09)
Congratulations all around!
Mega congratulations! This wonderful–and so well deserved. Three cheers!
Congratulations!!!! (I suspected this was it ;o)
That is easily the most fabulous news I’ve seen today! Congrats, Eugie. You deserve it!
Woo hoo! Congratulations!!!
Yay! Congratulations 😀
Grats and good luck!
Incredibly happy to see this! It’s an amazing story. Congrats!
Hurray, hurray! Always knew I’d see you up there some day 🙂
Excessive squee and official congratulations to you!
This rocks! Big congrats, Eugie! 😀
I saw that and tried not to squee so loud to wake the rest of the household. 😀 So awesome! CONGRATS!
Congratulations! Very well deserved.
That is so awesome, Eugie! Very well-deserved.
Congratulations fer reals! I’m so happy for you!
It’s a great story.
This is awesome (can’t say I’m surprised though. It was a spectacular story, and I’m glad it’s getting the attention it deserves).
Huge, huge congratulations. With news like that one should squee for days!
This is both awesome and well-deserved (the perfect combination).
It’s a great story! One of many! You’re awesome! Gongrats!
(I’m sent by musingaloud 🙂
Congratulations! I’m delighted for you, wow, that is amazing!
Major, major squees!
I know I’m late to the congrats party, but congrats nevertheless! Like you mentioned, I kinda guessed.
Best of luck!!! We can say we knew you when!
I’m a little late on this, but congratulations!