Welcome to the virtual launch party of my debut short story collection, Returning My Sister’s Face: And Other Far Eastern Tales of Whimsy and Malice, co-hosted by Facebook and LiveJournal. Help yourself to a flute of champagne or a cup of sake!
To kick things off, I’ve got a couple announcements:
Returning My Sister’s Face is now available from Barnes & Noble and will be available any day now from Amazon (U.S., UK, France, Germany, and Japan).
I’m also selling autographed copies for $23 USD with free shipping and handling anywhere in the U.S. or Canada (overseas folks, please email me about shipping rates). Paypal payments from your PayPal cash balance may be directed to email@example.com at the PayPal site: http://www.paypal.com. (For credit card payments, see below*.)
If you order one this month, I’ll include for free a limited edition Returning My Sister’s Face audio MP3 CD containing five of the stories, including one previously unreleased and read by myself, plus a bonus story.
• ”The Tiger Fortune Princess” read by Norm Sherman, produced and podcast by Drabblecast (Mar. 2008).
• “The Snow Woman’s Daughter” read by cunning minx, produced and podcast by Escape Pod (Aug. 2007).
• “The Tanuki-Kettle” read by Tina Connolly with an introduction by M. K. Hobson, produced and podcast by Podcastle (Oct. 2008).
• “The Archer of the Sun and the Lady of the Moon” read by me, an original audio production.
• “Returning My Sister’s Face” read by Stephen Eley, produced and podcast by Pseudopod (Sept. 2006).
• Bonus Story: “Souls of Living Wood” read by me, an original audio production.
Next, what’s a party without prizes and party favors?
The grand prize is an autographed copy of Returning My Sister’s Face, which will be awarded by a random drawing at the end of today**. To get your chance to win, either:
• Post a shout-out on your blog for Returning My Sister’s Face with a link to this post***; or
• Join my Eugie Foster: Author Facebook group. This group will provide updates and info about Returning My Sister’s Face, my other publication news, and give folks a chance to give me some feedback and criticism, or ask that niggling question you’ve had about how I ended up with a pet skunk.
If you do both, you double your chance to win!
I’m also doing two additional random drawings for the Returning My Sister’s Face audio CD that I mentioned above, one drawing for shout-out folks and one for folks joining my Facebook group.
Finally, everyone who gives my collection a shout-out, joins my Facebook group, or comments to this post anytime this month will get exclusive access to my original audio reading of “The Archer of the Sun and the Lady of the Moon.” I plan to make it free to the public in April, but until then, it’s password protected.
[Edit: For LJ users, the password is now available at this locked post.]
* For credit card PayPal payments only, please use this address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, please use email@example.com. (Saves me fees.)
** To avoid timezone issues, “today” is based on UTC/GMT -11, so if it’s Sunday, March 1, 2009, anywhere in the world, it counts as today.
*** I’m trying out the new pingback LJ function, but if you’re an LJ user without a paid or permanent account, please drop me a comment to let me know you’ve posted a shout-out so I can enter you in the drawing. If you’re on another blogging platform, as long as you’ve got pings enabled, I should get notice of it—but drop me a comment here if you want to make extra certain.