T3 & mystery package

Neck is still all wonky. Stupid neck.

Watched one of the new Netflix offerings last night: Terminator 3. Surprising myself, I enjoyed it. The full circle thing was actually quite satisfying, and the ending was nicely grim. Although I suspect I would have liked it even more if we’d watched it in the theater as there were many spectacular explosions and a plethora of shiny EFX. Arnold does maintain a buff physique, I’ll say that about the gov. ‘Cept they never do explain (or even try to explain) any potential paradoxes or touch upon the ramifications of time travel on the future timeline. Probably just as well. The Terminator trilogy isn’t exactly what I’d call cerebral . . .

Received a UPS package in the mail addressed to both Matthew and I. Matthew didn’t think he was expecting anything, and I didn’t think I was either. Plus it was box-shaped, and anything I expect in the mail is more magazine or book-shaped these days. So, with some perplexity, we opened it. As it turns out it wasn’t for either of us, it was for Hobkin! We’d forgotten we’d ordered his Nu-Cat vitamins a week or so ago. So I called the wee fuzzwit over, as, of course, he was totally uninterested in the package, and gave him a vitamin, at which point, he suddenly became very interested. He thinks vitamins are skunk candy.

Writing Stuff:

About 700 new words. A plot begins to coalesce.

Also wrote a review of the new Sci-Fiction story for Tangent. Still no signs of life from ye olde editor, but I emailed it to him anyway.

I checked the Story Station site and “Second Daughter” isn’t up. I guess when the editor said he would publish it “the beginning of the week if not earlier” he didn’t mean this week. No biggie, I guess. I’m accustomed to late publication schedules, but I was looking forward to it, not to mention looking forward to the paycheck!

Glad it’s the weekend. Sunny and hot. Looks to be a good one for staying in with an iced coffee, a fluffy skunk, my laptop, and my muse.

Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to T3 & mystery package

1. sylphon says:

something about the phrase ‘skunk candy’ keeps cracking me up

• Eugie Foster says:

They make cookie cutters in skunk shapes. I’m very tempted to get one. Except my idea of cookie baking is to buy those pre-cut trays of ready-to-bake cookie dough, as even the tubes of cookie dough are too tricky for me to cope with.

2. astralfire says:

At least he likes the vitamins and you won’t need to devise different ways of tricking the fluffy skunk into eating them.

• Eugie Foster says:

No kidding! We’ve had to force noxious meds into ferrets, and it was a terrible experience. Plus Hobkin is bigger, stronger, and more full of bite-and-fury than the ferrets ever were. Eek.

3. bram452 says:

Reviews of Scifiction stories

Just wanted to stop by and say how much I appreciate the short story reviews. It’s hard not to feel like we’re all just sending them out into the void, and having folks actually say something about them is pretty spiffy.

So.. Yeah. Thanks.

And wow, incredibly cute skunk. I must never show my wife…

• Eugie Foster says:

Re: Reviews of Scifiction stories

And I appreciate knowing that the words I’m writing about the words other people are writing are being read . Thanks for swinging by. I’ve added you to my “Friends” list. Hope you don’t mind.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *