Slept pretty crappy last night. Don’t think I would’ve gotten to sleep at all, except fosteronfilm saw I was having a bad night and came over to cuddle me and rub my back. I lubs my hubby. Of course, then I had disturbing dreams (that I can’t remember now–which is probably just as well), and I’ve got a sinus headache. Blah. Not a good start to the week.
But, so this post isn’t just me whining, here’s a picture of Hobkin, who does not suffer from insomnia:
This weekend wasn’t as productive, writing-wise, as I thought it was going to be. fosteronfilm was planning on attending a director’s workshop, and I figured I’d spend the time he was gone writing. But his workshop was canceled at the last minute, and I spent my time catching up on Tangent and other outstanding writing-related tasks . . . but not actually writing. Sigh.
On an up note, my home office isn’t a safety hazard anymore, just an obstacle course. But at least all the books, magazines, and loose paper are now in tidy stacks rather than strewn in a perilous mess on the floor.
I need to get back on the words-on-the-page horse, or err, hamster.
– “Beauty’s Folly” in issue #5 of OSC’s InterGalactic Medicine Show. I’m sharing a ToC with Peter S. Beagle!
– “The Center of the Universe” in issue #5 of Helix
– “The Life and Times of Penguin” (reprint) in Part III, the Summer 2007 issue of Farrago’s Wainscot.
– Note from Aberrant Dreams that “Living with a Shoulder Monster” will be published in July. Yay!
– Email from mroctober with the preliminary cover art for the Magic in the Mirrorstone anthology. It’s puuuurty:
Yay “The Center of the Universe”! Yay being in the ToC with Beagle!
All good news; especially liked that cover.
I had to charge Eugie extra since she wanted her name on the cover.
Very nice cover, indeed.
I hope you have better luck sleeping tonight.
I thought I’d be productive at writing this weekend, but wasn’t. At least I got some exercise, though.
Yay on the published stuff and sales!
Oh wow! What a cute picture 🙂