The Eugie Award was presented for the first time in 2016—for works published in 2015.
The 2016 Eugie Award recipient: The Long Goodnight of Violet Wild by Catherynne M. Valente
The finalists for the 2016:
- “The Deepwater Bride” by Tamsyn Muir (F&SF, July/Aug 2015)
- “Hungry Daughters of Starving Mothers” by Alyssa Wong (Nightmare, Oct 2015)
- “The Long Goodnight of Violet Wild” by Catherynne M. Valente (Clarkesworld, Jan & Mar 2015)
- “Pocosin” by Ursula Vernon (Apex Magazine, Jan 2015)
- “Three Cups of Grief, by Starlight” by Aliette De Bodard (Clarkesworld, Jan 2015)
Thank you to those who nominated works for 2016, including: John Joseph Adams, Mike Allen, Scott H. Andrews, Michele Barasso, Neil Clarke, Ellen Datlow, Charles Coleman Finlay, Niall Harrison, Emily Hockaday, Michael Kelly, Jonathan Laden, Mike Resnick, Scott Roberts, Edmund R. Schubert, Jason Sizemore, Jonathan Strahan, Lynne M Thomas, and Sean Wallace.
Our 2016 team included: Davey Beauchamp, Scott Hancock, Michael Fay, Amy Herring, Martin Leing, K. McLarin, Alasdair Stuart, Debbie Yutko. And our judges: Alex Hofelich, Rachael Jones, And Lisa Yaszek. Also thanks to Addy Neilson who made the pins and plaque.
Matthew M. Foster–Chair