The anthology Human for a Day, edited by Jennifer Brozek and Martin H. Greenberg (DAW Books), is now out with my story “Beneath the Silent Bell, the Autumn Sky Turns to Spring”! It’s available at bookstores and online booksellers such as Amazon.com and Barnesandnoble.com in print and as an ebook.
Also, the Nebula Award nominations are now open, and the Hugos are coming up, so herein the obligatory shameless pimpage for the short stories I’ve had published this year for your consideration:
- “Black Swan, White Swan” in anthology End of an Aeon, edited by Marti and Bridget McKenna (July, Fairwood Press), also produced as a podcast by PodCastle (listen to it for free!) and reprinted in my Mortal Clay, Stone Heart ebook collection.
- “Biba Jibun” in Apex Magazine issue #23 in April (read it for free!)
- “The Princess and the Golden Fish” in Cricket Magazine, serialized in the January through April issues.
- “Requiem Duet, Concerto for Flute and Voodoo” in Daily Science Fiction in September (read it for free!)
- “The Wish of the Demon Achtromagk” in podcast Drabblecast in August (listen to it for free!) for their Lovecraft Appreciation Month and reprinted as an ebook.
And a final plug in this plug-filled post, I’m running two deals for the month of December:
- $2.99 sale on my Returning My Sister’s Face ebook. (See this post for details.)
- Buy Mortal Clay, Stone Heart and get your choice of “Sinner, Baker, Fabulist, Priest; Red Mask, Black Mask, Gentleman, Beast” or “The Wish of the Demon Achtromagk” ebook for free. (See this post for details.)