Results from the lumbar puncture and bone marrow biopsy came back. Both were clean. So much whew, there!
The PET scan data came back, too, but is still undergoing a full/comprehensive evaluation. The preliminary review indicates no lymphoma involvement below my diaphragm, but possible lymphoma presentation in my chest–although if that’s the case, it’s relatively minimal.
So currently, based on these test results, my doctor believes my lymphoma to be at Stage IIE (“E” indicating “extranodal,” as the primary tumor is outside of a lymph node system).
We’re still waiting on the results of the surgical biopsy–which involves a chromosomal mapping to further identify the type of large B-cell non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma I have–in order to establish my treatment roadmap. The delay appears to be due to cultures actually having to be grown. (Sigh.) Hoping these result will be in by my appointment on Tuesday. If so, we may begin treatment as soon as Thursday.
I hope so. My current pain management regimen has been getting less and less effective, and the tumor is now causing a significant amount of gum swelling and consequent pressure on an upper molar such that the tooth is now loose. I’m hoping I won’t have to lose it.
Still, we’re making progress. It feels horribly slow, but there’s nothing to do but continue waiting.