Got back yesterday from a week long Caribbean cruise with the family. Wonderful time, although now I’m back on land, I keep getting inner ear tweaks that make me think the ground is moving beneath me. Details and pictures from the cruise coming soon! I’m compiling my notes and logs, and downloading pictures from our new camera.
Going through the various Critters critiques I’ve received last week. Email was crap on the ship so I didn’t read them while onboard.
After coming home to a week’s worth of new mail. Received:
- SALE to Cricket for my folk tale “The King of Rabbits and Moon Lake”! Good news indeed to return to!
- Rejection from Cicada. Pook. While they really liked the story, they thought it too emotionally wrenching for their teen audience, and hence not right for them.
- Rejection from Talebones – personalized. “Almost, please send more soon.”
- Rejection from Sci-Fiction – from Ellen Datlow, “not subtle enough” for her.
- Rejection from Asimov’s – form from Sheila Williams (sigh).
Oof. But I’m happy-dancing ’bout another sale to Cricket!
Also, my excerpt “Visiting Day” is up at the ELP Library with very cool cover art: