The 2017 Eugie Award recipient: The City Born Great by N.K. Jemisin.
The finalists for 2017:
- “The City Born Great” by N.K. Jemisin (Tor.com, September 2016)
- “The Limitless Perspective of Master Peek, or, the Luminescence of Debauchery” by Catherynne M. Valente (Beneath Ceaseless Skies, May 2016)
- “Seasons of Glass and Iron” by Amal El-Mohtar (The Starlit Wood: New Fairy Tales)
- “Ten Poems for the Mossums, One for the Man” by Suzanne Palmer (Asimov’s Science Fiction Magazine, July 2016)
- “You’ll Surely Drown Here If You Stay” by Alyssa Wong (Uncanny Magazine, May 2016)
Thank you to those who nominated works for 2017, including: John Joseph Adams, Mike Allen, Morris Allen, Scott H. Andrews, Neil Clarke, Ellen Datlow, Wendy S. Delmater, Charles Coleman Finlay, Niall Harrison, Emily Hockaday, Dominik Parisien, Trevor Quachri, Mike Resnick, Scott Roberts, Jason Sizemore, Lynne M Thomas, Sean Wallace, Sheila Williams, Navah Wolfe.
Our 2017 team included: Davey Beauchamp, Divya Breed, Tina Connolly, Scott Hancock, Michael Fay, Amy Herring, Martin Leing, K. McLarin, James Nicoll, David Steffen, Alasdair Stuart, Debbie Yutko. And our judges: Alex Hofelich, Chesya Burke, And Lisa Yaszek. Also thanks to Addy Neilson who made the pins and plaque.
Matthew M. Foster–Chair