Short Story Collections
Short Fiction eBooks
Author Archives: Eugie Foster
Tweets for the Week of 08-31-2015
- Eugie Foster presented with the Hank Reinhardt Fandom award at #DragonCon2015. 22:40:16, 2015-09-05
Tweets for the Week of 06-01-2015
Tweets for the Week of 03-02-2015
- Eugie's Nebula nominated story, "When It Ends He Catches Her" has now been podcasted. Listen to it at
http://t.co/7myy847c5m 21:15:13, 2015-03-08
Memorial for Eugie Foster – Oct 12th, 5:00pm
The memorial for Eugie Foster, celebrating her life, will be on October 12th at 5pm in the Hanover room of the Hyatt in Atlanta.
Everyone who has ever met her, read her work, or just knows how spectacular she was is invited.
Please come and join me in saying goodbye and raising a glass to the most amazing person I have ever known.
— Matthew Foster (husband)
Tweets for the Week of 09-22-2014
- [Blog] Eugie K. Foster Update http://t.co/oCFeK6iviv 12:26:50, 2014-09-27
Eugie K. Foster Update
Eugie Foster, author, editor, wife, died on September 27th of respiratory failure at Emory University in Atlanta.
In her forty-two years, Eugie lived three lifetimes. She won the Nebula award, the highest award for science fiction literature, and had over one hundred of her stories published. She was an editor for the Georgia General Assembly. She was the director of the Daily Dragon at Dragon Con, and was a regular speaker at genre conventions. She was a model, dancer, and psychologist. She also made my life worth living.
Memorial service will be announced soon.
We do not need flowers. In lieu of flowers, please buy her books and read them. Buy them for others to read until everyone on the planet knows how amazing she was.
–Matthew M. Foster (husband)
Tweets for the Week of 09-01-2014
- Exhausted from fever, cough, shortness of breath. Waiting with @MatthewMFoster at Winship for results of chest CT scan. #CopingWithCancer 12:59:43, 2014-09-03
- Well, dammit. CT scan was not clean, areas in my lungs that were a little inflamed much worse now. Being re-admitted into the hospital. 13:36:47, 2014-09-03
- [Blog] Stem Cell Transplant Day 32: in ICU. Breathing Hard. http://t.co/DwMMNamRBJ 13:51:30, 2014-09-05
Stem Cell Transplant Day 32: in ICU. Breathing Hard.
In ICU with pneumonia. On oxygen and LOTS of meds. Docs don’t know what kind of pneumonia, can’t tell if I’m getting worse or better due to how one possible disease manifests. They want to do a bronchoscopy but can’t without intubating me. They’ve been fasting me for almost two days now in case of intubation. Trying really hard NOT to have to be intubated. In wait and see mode.
Tweets for the Week of 08-25-2014
- At 1st follow-up post-hospital release. My white counts are good (yay!) but still feel like crap because of sleep deprivation. #AmbienNowPlz 11:42:21, 2014-08-25
- Five hours. FIVE hours is all the sleep Ambien was able to bring me. Very disappointed. Was hoping for at least six. #StillSleepDeprived 04:22:45, 2014-08-26