In non-“C”-word news, I just sold a reprint of “Beautiful Winter” to the YA magazine Cicada (of the Cricket Magazine Group stable of publications), slated for publication in their April/May 2014 issue. My very first fiction sale was to Cicada, and this magazine holds a very special place in my heart. I’m delighted to be appearing in it again.
And I saw that the cover and Table of Contents of The Book of Apex: Volume 4 of Apex Magazine, edited by Lynne M. Thomas, has been revealed:
- “The Bread We Eat in Dreams” by Catherynne M. Valente
- “The Leavings of the Wolf” by Elizabeth Bear
- “The 24 Hour Brother” by Christopher Barzak
- “Faithful City” by Michael Pevzner
- “So Glad We Had This Time Together” by Cat Rambo
- “Sweetheart Showdown” by Sarah Dalton
- “Bear in Contradicting Landscape” by David J. Schwartz
- “My Body Her Canvas” by A.C. Wise
- “A Member of the Wedding of Heaven and Hell” by Richard Bowes
- “Copper, Iron, Blood and Love” by Mari Ness
- “The Second Card of the Major Arcana” by Thoraiya Dyer
- “Love is a Parasite Meme” by Lavie Tidhar
- “Decomposition” by Rachel Swirsky
- “Tomorrow’s Dictator” by Rahul Kanakia
- “Winter Scheming” by Brit Mandelo
- “In the Dark” by Ian Nichols
- “The Silk Merchant” by Ken Liu
- “Ironheart” by Alec Austin
- “Coyote Gets His Own Back” by Sarah Monette
- “Waiting for Beauty” by Marie Brennan
- “Murdered Sleep” by Kat Howard
- “Armless Maidens of the American West” by Genevieve Valentine
- “Sexagesimal” by Katharine E.K. Duckett
- “During the Pause” by Adam-Troy Castro
- “Weaving Dreams” by Mary Robinette Kowal
- “Always the Same. Till it is Not” by Cecil Castellucci
- “Sprig” by Alex Bledsoe
- “Splinter” by Shira Lipkin
- “Erzulie Dantor” by Tim Susman
- “Labyrinth” by Mari Ness
- “Blood from Stone” by Alethea Kontis
- “Trixie and the Pandas of Dread” by Eugie Foster 🙂
- “The Performance Artist” by Lettie Prell
Due out later this month.
That’s a fine looking book coming out. 🙂
Downright gorgeous 🙂
Trixie and the Pandas of Dread would be a great band name.
Another career for Eugie? Girl band!
What kind of band? Metal? Punk/Goth? Headbangers?
. . .
Oh I need to get this!!