Writing stats for the weekend:
700 words on the magic realism piece. I just can’t seem to hit “flow” on this one, although I like what I’ve got so far. I even know how I want it to end, but I’m struggling with the getting there part. If I ever finish this story, I think it’ll be a good one. Big if, though.
Five queries to markets that have held manuscripts of mine for 16 months (query #3 to this one), 10 months, 7 months, 6 months, and 5 months, respectively. I’ve been putting these off because I hate querying, but once I started, I got all of them out of the way.
And I did a lot of reorganizing and clean-up of my writing files, both virtual and hard-copy. Had a lot of duplicate files with different names, previous drafts in my final draft folders, and other clutter and messiness. Neatened everything up, made back-ups, and filed away all my USPS receipts.
So, despite the rather piddly word countage, I was productive. But I would have liked to have cranked out more words this weekend.